Sunday, February 15, 2009

Requests....

Ok, so I've had tons of requests for pics of my hair (which is still growing at a rapid rate....luckily my arm pit and leg hairs are really slow and sporadic...TMI??)
So here I am in all my glory!





And apparently I haven't written in over a month so I guess there is some updating to do...


The biggest news I guess is that I am starting Massage Therapy school in March. At the expense of being cliche, I have been trying to figure out a way to "give back" since I've gone through cancer. I looked at a lot of different options (ultrasound tech, nurse, etc.) massage therapy was the one that I thought I would most enjoy and will also benefit my family. I'm still doing costumes and even starting a handbag line (nothing like doing it all, right?!) I feel like that one SNL skit where all the people have multiple jobs and they are comparing ("I have three jobs, well I have me 10") I think they are from Jamaica or something (it's been many years since I've seen it!) Anyway, I'm really excited!

I am currently making 21 drumline costumes and just finished 18 winterguard costumes. I also made 26 flags. I have pics of the flags and the most recent handbag that I made. I will post the costumes when I get those done. The handbag line is called "Lucy Kate" after both of my wonderful grandmothers (Lucille and Katherine). I'm really excited about that as well! The first bag is a "seatbelt" purse and has a zipper pocket, a cell phone pocket, and even a logo tag. I'm going to start making a bunch more after the DL costumes are done. Oh and I am going to make a wedding dress in May. So, of course, staying very busy!




6 comments:

Bonnie said...

Your hair looks gorgeous!! And I think massage therapy school sounds totally fun! And can I buy a seat belt purse? I think that would be a huge hit out here!!

The Barlows said...

You look incredible!! I love the curls sis! Love you!

The Barlows said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Annette said...

Wow! WOW! DOUBLE WOW!!!! You are impressive girl. All those costumes, flags and now handbags. Truly amazing. How do you do it all? And good for you for giving back and going to massage therapy school. And your hair looks great. Love the shiny black curls! So glad you posted today.

mom2girls said...

Hi Monica! See I told you I checked your blog :)
It was good to see you last week!
-Colleen

Tammy and Mike said...

Hi Monica! I went back through the comments on my blog recently and saw that you "crashed" mine! You are always welcome to stop by...our blog and our house--Olivia loved all the attention you gave her when you came HT with Kent last month! I love the purse. What an amazing talent you have! (Do you mind if I add you blog to the list of blogs I follow?)