Wednesday, June 18, 2008

I'm kicking cancer's A*#!!

So I had my PET scan this week (no I'm not a dog!) So, drum roll please.................there was NOTHING glowing! I have no active cancer! This has been all so surreal! It still feels like a weird dream. Everyone is so excited and Kent and I have just been kind of just really calm about it. I asked him why that is, he said it's because he just knew everything was going to be ok, it's what he expected. Don't get me wrong, I have had my moments where things have been really crappy through this whole thing, I have been really sick, I have been scared, I have been worried. But we have been so blessed and so loved through it all! Thank you all so much for all your support!

So the game plan is, I have three more rounds of chemo. This is to insure that the cancer is completely gone (the PET scan only detects things bigger than 1cm) and that it isn't coming back! (I am currently in the infusion room starting my 4th round, then two more and I should be done August 6th.) So I should have a cute hair style by Christmas!

Again, everything has been like a dream. This part has gone by really fast, although I was sick and in a lot of pain for a very long time before I realized that I had cancer. I was literally dying and that part is scary! I hope that I am around for a very long time, I want to see my boys graduate, go on to college, raise families. And I've only had 5 years with my sweet husband! I have many more years left in me! You're not getting rid of me! As my sweet brother-in-law exclaimed, I am kicking cancer's A*#!!


(My dear friends, Karla and Lorayne, took me shopping. Karla got me a "wig".......lol!!)

1 comment:

Joann said...

Great wig! I'm so happy for you guys. We got the message on Monday, and it just made the day even better to know it's gone!! What a blessing that Kent felt so calm for the most part about everything. We'll be in Oregon next and hope to see you guys.