Monday, December 29, 2008

We are alive and healthy!

Ok, so I'm sure everyone is wondering where we went and how we are doing! We are doing great! Except for the pain in my joints, and a new pain in my left arm, I am feeling good. We had a fantastic Christmas and are looking forward to the New Year! We've had many blessings in our lives this past year and are so greatful for our lives. We had a huge snow storm this last week! The kids missed a whole week of school that rolled right into the winter break. (Jake was sick the week before that, so he is missing a whole month of school!) Anyway, life is good, everyone is healthy and happy and my hair is growing very nicely! Here are some pics of the highlights of the past few months....

My sister-in-law Joann and hubby (Kent's brother, Travis) and family moved closer. I am really enjoying getting to know her and love having them closer. Here she is with her little Aubrey (aren't they cute!)


Auntie Celeste came into town, here's a cute one of her and Josh.


Here's Kent and his siblings.


And here are all the girls, messing around of course!


My beautiful sister went to her first formal (she's growing up way too fast!)


My cousin had her baby shower and had her baby (here she is with her niece.) Actually, my uncle also had a baby (they adopted, it's a really beautiful story, I will have to tell some time!) and my other cousin's wife had twins!!



I made parts of all of our halloween costumes (Josh's hat and tie, my skirt, Jake's tie and stripe on pants, and Ethan's ties and mask)


Josh had a birthday party (I'm getting too old! He's already in high school!)



Ethan had his best friend, Kaitlyn, over (I just thought this was cute, he's playing her a song and she has the purple cast.)


Both Jake and Josh were baptized, what a beautiful experience this was! So many people came to support them. Josh was baptized one week and Jake the week after. Amazingly the room was packed both nights, I don't think there was a dry eye at either one! Josh had Grandpa Vern baptize him and Jake had Grandpa Buddy. They both had grandma's and aunt's and uncle's and cousin's give talks and prayers and participate, it was a family event!




Kent and I had our 5th Wedding Anniversary! We went out to a bed and breakfast at the coast called the Edwin K (this was our 3rd year there. They have the most phenomenal breakfast (6 courses) and the rates are great! It's in a little town with some really cute shops (we did some christmas shopping while we were there.) Marv and Laurie who own and run the B&B are the best hosts I've ever encountered. We really enjoy seeing them and I always give Marv a big hug!




We all went out to Aunt Gina's for Thanksgiving (thanks Gina for letting us invade your house, yet again!)




Here's Jake and Lucas, all dressed up!


Looks like Jordan is trying to hit Chaney.....lol

1 comment:

Joann said...

Hey, you have some pretty good pictures. I laughed so hard at that last picture. I think you're totally right, it looks like Jordan is hitting Chaney and I don't doubt it either. I'm happy to be around you guys more too. Watching Die Hard at your house was only the second time I've been there and the first with the awesome tv. And I also loved the picture of Ethan and his best friend. They look so cute.