Monday, February 25, 2008


Ok, so it's been a while since I've posted! I have been busy sewing costumes for the high school drumline and colorguard and still been in a lot of pain. Back in October I noticed a lump in my chest and then started having pain. The doctor said I had Tietze's Syndrome which is an inflammation of the cartilage in your ribs. Well, since then, the pain has spread to my joints and throughout my body and I have had so much pain that I feel like I have arthritis and feel very, very old! Yesterday I resolved to the fact that I am just going to be in pain for a long time and just going to have to deal with it. Today on the other hand I feel very overwhelmed and can't take it anymore (4 months is a very long time to be in pain!) So amongst all of this, I still try to live a normal life and take care of my family. Saturday I decided to walk around the block while Ethan rode his bike. It was a beautiful day, the sun was shining, I was feeling a little better. It was pretty much a big mistake, my knees hurt so bad for the rest of the day that I had to take it easy after that. Well, anyway, I did get a really cute pic of Ethan on his bike, he's getting to be such a big boy!! And don't feel too sorry for me, please! I just needed to vent!

1 comment:

Joann said...

I didn't know you were going through that. That does suck! But I understand the need to vent, I just did a similar post. By the way, the weather looks great in Oregon, I wish it were like that here but we still have a foot of snow in our yard.